In the middle of this hurricane season, we must not forget about the safety of family, employees and business. Protecting your data and information technology requires specialized expertise. The consequences of failure can range from simple inconvenience to financial catastrophe. Prepare for a storm and protect your computer data and equipment:
- Keep at least two data backups in different locations
- Properly shut down your server and computers
- Turn off UPS/surge protectors and disconnect them
- Disconnect sensitive electronic equipment such as printers, scanners, routers, switches
- Move equipment to a room/office without windows; otherwise, cover with plastic and secure
Please be safe.